Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Increasing the 500K Polygon limit
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Increasing the 500K Polygon limit [message #48321] Sat, 12 May 2012 22:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
I have just recently started selling my products wholesale to people who want to resell them for a profit. My resellers would like to purchase many copies of the same item all at once. The problem is I am always running into the 500K polygon limit. So I either have to degrade the quality of the model or just not sell as many copies in one file.

It sure seems to be more benificial to Shapeways to just print 1 file with 15 copies in it rather than to print 3 files of 5 copies each.

Most of my wholesale parts are produced in FUD material so if I print off 3 files of 5 copies each there is a $5.00 per file fee, this just eats up the profit margin for my customers.

Ok, here is my question. Has Shapeways ever considered alowing file to be larger than the 500K poly limit. I would even be willing to pay a fee to upload larger files
Re: Increasing the 500K Polygon limit [message #48323 is a reply to message #48321 ] Sun, 13 May 2012 00:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
The poly limit is a million triangles and has been for some time.

And check the material pages for ways of using files that exceed normal limits.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 May 2012 00:25 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: Increasing the 500K Polygon limit [message #48641 is a reply to message #48323 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 11:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Some tools will export in quads or n-gons, but our tools will convert those to triangles before counting. That's a possible cause of confusion.

Still, I can see why you'd need a higher amount of detail (especially on larger objects, I presume). Please go ahead and file a feature request on our feedback site, and get as many people as possible to vote it up. The more votes a request has, the better the chance of it getting done.

http://feedback.shapeways.com/

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Increasing the 500K Polygon limit [message #48665 is a reply to message #48641 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 21:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
I must have missed the memo that anounced the increase in the polygon limit. The 1000K limit seems to be working ok for me right now.

Thanks
Tim
TDR Innovations

Previous Topic:3D view and Shapeways computer generated image
Next Topic:Favorites

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.