Home »  » 3D Design » Model exports to wrong axis
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model exports to wrong axis [message #48078] Tue, 08 May 2012 20:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar akwhitacre  is currently offline akwhitacre
Go to all my models
Hi all,

I've been plugging away on a small model and only have a couple fixes left to do. But one of the issues I've had throughout the process is flipped axes -- the x and y I believe:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/565008/archive.html

I've tried things like changing axes in Sketchup, but at some point from Sketchup to Meshlab (.skp to .dae to .wrl) to Shapeways, it still gets turned on its side.

Any thoughts on settings I should check along the way?
Re: Model exports to wrong axis [message #48084 is a reply to message #48078 ] Tue, 08 May 2012 22:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
As long as the model looks physically right, there's nothing to worry about as the model will be printed according to how it best fits into the printer - you can add an image (photo or render) to the model page and set that to the default image if needs be for public viewing.

To get my models looking the right way up in the model page render I have to have the model orientated so that the top of the model is pointing to -ve Y.

Re: Model exports to wrong axis [message #48124 is a reply to message #48084 ] Wed, 09 May 2012 15:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar akwhitacre  is currently offline akwhitacre
Go to all my models
Yep, messing with the rotation ended up working, even though it means the side of my model in Shapeways is pointed up the blue axis. Meh, not ideal but I can work with it.

Previous Topic:does anyone have an accurate iphone 4 model?
Next Topic:Newbe problems on Easy Create projects

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.