Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » Buying » Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14 [message #47979] Mon, 07 May 2012 06:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar babelglyph  is currently offline babelglyph
Go to my shop
I'd like to buy a model in alumide now that the design requirements have changed and polished alumide is available, however...

The design page says it takes 10 working days (ship by May 18).

The shopping cart is telling me that it takes 13 (May 23).

What's up with that? I'm on a deadline and those 4 days would make the difference between shipping with enough time and not shipping until the day of the deadline. Is there some holiday factored in there?
Re: Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14 [message #47981 is a reply to message #47979 ] Mon, 07 May 2012 08:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
For a single model in plain Alumide, I get ship by 17th May and for polished Alumide, I get 23rd May - perhaps there's un-mentioned additional time to allow for polishing?

Your best bet is to contact customer services via service[at]shapeways[dot]com, but you probably won't get an answer until Tuesday.
Re: Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14 [message #47982 is a reply to message #47979 ] Mon, 07 May 2012 09:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar maartje  is currently offline maartje
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi babelglyph,

Are you sure that your model is not a co-creator? Or do you have more (other models) materials in your cart that he is referring to?

The shopping cart overview gives you the correct date, we just tested it. We ship all materials in 1 order out in 1 box, so the latest lead time counts.

Hope this was helpful.
Re: Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14 [message #47998 is a reply to message #47982 ] Mon, 07 May 2012 14:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
There must be extra processing for polished alumide - I've tried changing to regular alumide and it gives me May 17, too. I notice the alumide page now says 14 for polished, so it is indeed correct.

for reference, my model is not a co-creator and it is the only item in my cart (single quantity as well). I'll go ahead and order it in plain alumide and get another in polished at a later date since it's cheap enough!

Thanks for the replies.
Re: Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14 [message #48002 is a reply to message #47982 ] Mon, 07 May 2012 16:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hi babelglyph,

we just updated the information on our website - Alumide has a delivery time of 10 days, but Polished Alumide is 14 days.

Sorry for the confusion!

Bart

[Updated on: Mon, 07 May 2012 16:42 UTC]

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
icon14.gif  Re: Alumide listed as 10 days - cart says 14 [message #48026 is a reply to message #48002 ] Mon, 07 May 2012 23:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks! It's not terribly surprising, just a bit frustrating when you expect one thing and another comes up. Good to know for future purchases.

Previous Topic:Suggestion for vouchers
Next Topic:Green Lantern Ring