Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Favorites
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Favorites [message #47958] Sun, 06 May 2012 11:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar Maundy  is currently offline Maundy
Go to my shop
I recently went on 'The Feed' on the homepage and realised one of my designs being added to someone's Favorites, out of curiosity I wanted to see If anyone else had added the design to their Favorites, however when I view the design, I cannot see who has added it to their Favorites as there isn't the box labelled 'Add to Favorites' which below usually lists the people whose Favorite it is, this is the same with all my designs. I have tried this logged in and out, I cleared my cookies and I even went to the site using a proxy, I am just confused why I can't see what I can see on everyone else's model pages, the 'Add to Wishlist' and 'Add to Favorites' button which below shows who has added the design to Favorites.
Re: Favorites [message #48070 is a reply to message #47958 ] Tue, 08 May 2012 19:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Yes, I made the same remark here.
I am wondering if it is a bug or some "not so easy to understand" behaviour.
Sometimes you can see favorites.
Example this model: http://www.shapeways.com/model/273819/
But the model page shows only 9 persons while the "feed" indicates 40!
Since the total number is not indicated but the persons' names instead, I am wondering if this is not due to people having their favorite item list being private...
Anyways, the "anonymous" should be counted, for sure...

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Favorites [message #48639 is a reply to message #48070 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 10:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

hmmm, at the very least it's confusing. I've taken the liberty of creating an issue on our feedback site:

http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2861011-number-of-favorites-in-the-feed-doesn -t-match-numb

I've passed it on to our developers, but please vote it up to speed up the work.

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Favorites [message #48720 is a reply to message #48639 ] Mon, 21 May 2012 07:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

here's an update: we'll improve this page. In the mean time, here's some background information: the Product Detail page indeed only shows up to a limit number of users who have favorited the item AND have a public list.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Increasing the 500K Polygon limit
Next Topic:Stupid non-monotonous pricing

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.