Home » Support » 3D Applications » Scaling problem?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scaling problem? [message #47898] Fri, 04 May 2012 19:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar barneyadi  is currently offline barneyadi
Go to all my models
Hi

Am trying to upload the attached file, but keeps telling me it is too small, but have checked its size in Google Sketchup and Meshlab and it seems big enough.

Any help/suggestions?

Dave

Re: Scaling problem? [message #47903 is a reply to message #47898 ] Fri, 04 May 2012 19:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar webmaster_duann  is currently offline webmaster_duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey there,

Looks like it is too small by a factor of 10
I measure it as a total length of 1.97mm

Try scaling it up in whatever software you are using.

Cheers
Re: Scaling problem? [message #47913 is a reply to message #47898 ] Fri, 04 May 2012 23:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The best suggestion I can give is grab yourself a free copy of NetFabb Basic and use the measuring tools to check and double check your intended dimensions. If the dimensions are out, use the scaling functions to get your model to the right dimensions.

Re: Scaling problem? [message #47929 is a reply to message #47898 ] Sat, 05 May 2012 13:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar barneyadi  is currently offline barneyadi
Go to all my models
Thanks for the replies. For some reason if i export from Google Sketchup to Meshlab and convert to STL file this seems to be causing problems.

However if i just export from Sketchup as a dae file, it seems to work so will just do this until it goes wrong again. Am new to 3d design and printing so could always be something i'm doing wrong. Very Happy
Re: Scaling problem? [message #48556 is a reply to message #47929 ] Thu, 17 May 2012 00:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar breezemont  is currently offline breezemont
Go to my shop
Same exact problem here - thanks for the suggestion to upload the .dae file, that works!

Previous Topic:Download ParaCloud iRing 3D for Ipad
Next Topic:VRML97 for Colored Sandstone doesn't work.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.