Home » Community » General Discussion » What's Safe for the Skin ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
What's Safe for the Skin ? [message #47791] Thu, 03 May 2012 02:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar voxeltoxin  is currently offline voxeltoxin
Go to all my models
Just wanted to find out if anyone knew what materials were safe for long term use on the skin.

I plan on making some ear gauges and dont want something that will irritate the skin or change it colors.

Then main material I am interested in is WSF.

Any help is appreciated.
Re: What's Safe for the Skin ? [message #66827 is a reply to message #47791 ] Thu, 25 April 2013 00:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar StumpChunkman  is currently offline StumpChunkman
Go to all my models
You'll be wanting to check out the MSDS pdf linked to on the materials page.
It looks like the material is only bad for skin when it's molten. Other then that it seems fine.
(I realize the response is quite a bit late...but I just signed up for an account.)
Re: What's Safe for the Skin ? [message #66852 is a reply to message #47791 ] Thu, 25 April 2013 13:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
I've heard about people having reactions to the stainless steel, but those people are apparently allergic to bronze. So long as you don't have such an allergy, that material should be fine.

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"
Re: What's Safe for the Skin ? [message #66867 is a reply to message #66852 ] Thu, 25 April 2013 16:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GADesign  is currently offline GADesign
Go to my shop
A while ago I've designed a interchangeable and rotating ear tube for a friend of mine he didn't have any problems with stainless steel but he didn't wear it when sleeping and sometimes he wears other tubes.

Maybe some people are allergic to it ?

index.php?t=getfile&id=31164&private=0

• Attachment: Tribal.jpg
    (Size: 49.02KB, Downloaded 79 time(s))

If it doesn't look good it's not designed by us.

Previous Topic:Weekend Contest #9: Curate our Homepage - the Best of 3D Printing
Next Topic:UK Orders in GBP please

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.