Home » Support » 3D Design » Mesh Help Please
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon9.gif  Mesh Help Please [message #47782] Wed, 02 May 2012 21:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar Harrison2836  is currently offline Harrison2836
Go to my shop
Hi All,

I have been trying to fix my model for a week now, with no avail.
Rhino mesh edit said it was all good meshes.
Net Fab Basic has no issues,
All wall thicknesses are within the limits ranging from 1mm to 3mm

Yet I am still unable to print.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Re: Mesh Help Please [message #47783 is a reply to message #47782 ] Wed, 02 May 2012 23:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
First hit, using NetFabb's analysis tool;
12 holes
154 boundary edges
Using NetFabb's repair tools results in the same, exporting the repaired part and re-loading results in the same.

2nd hit, using NetFabb cloud service (http://cloud.netfabb.com/) returns a printable model with two shells - this means all of the 187 shells in the original model have been reduced to the least amount of seperate shells possible and that you have two seperate parts in your model. This model is attached.

If you intended two parts then ignore this - identify the loose part & move it slightly to overlap the main part, then use NetFabb Cloud service to merge the two shells into one (upload file then download repaired file)and you should be good to go.

Paul

Previous Topic:Resizing model options
Next Topic:How to Convert a STL file to 1 solid object

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.