Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #47695] Tue, 01 May 2012 07:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Is there a way of forcing an update of the Shapeways Computer Generated Image for an item other than deleting it and adding it as a new item?

I uploaded a loco but ended up with the view being from the rear. I would much have preferred it to be front on . So I changed the orientation of my model and uploaded a new version.

Now the small thumbnail I see in edit model is the right way round but the main view has remained the original.
Re: Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #47701 is a reply to message #47695 ] Tue, 01 May 2012 13:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I think it takes a few minutes to refresh. Try again to see if it's still that way. If it is, post in the bugs and feedback section.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #47703 is a reply to message #47701 ] Tue, 01 May 2012 13:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
It's been like that since last night and I've now uploaded 4 new versions of this. If it's supposed to update within mins then I guess we have a bug or someone's forgotten to start a cron task.

Tom
Re: Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #47776 is a reply to message #47703 ] Wed, 02 May 2012 19:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
This seems to be more general problem at the moment. I have had similar issues with yesterday's upload.

See this thread:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=9355&a mp;start=0&

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #47777 is a reply to message #47695 ] Wed, 02 May 2012 19:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Both are on the same ticket. I'll let you guys know when I hear something.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #47780 is a reply to message #47695 ] Wed, 02 May 2012 20:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
In general it always takes some time (1-2 minutes) to be visible in the overview.

I thought there was also a request for a new feature to generate an image from another viewing point.
That ensures that the view angle to the model can be different to the optimal design or printing position.

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image [message #48638 is a reply to message #47780 ] Fri, 18 May 2012 09:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi folks,

this issue is on our feedback tracker as well, and the developers have accepted it as a bug (which means it should be fixed fairly soon):

http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2814614-computer-generated-image-not-updating

Please vote it up to give it some additional weight. I'll be chasing up all open items on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Shop payments and sales not updating?
Next Topic:3D view and Shapeways computer generated image

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.