Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » How much would it cost to 3D model this tattoo?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How much would it cost to 3D model this tattoo? [message #47393] Mon, 23 April 2012 19:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar delta2187  is currently offline delta2187
Go to all my models
I need this tatto converted to a 3D model so I can have a necklace pendent made from it. I'm either going to have the entire design made in a single piece (silver) or two seperate pieces; silver cross and colored metalic orchid (that a local jeweler will assemble).

index.php?t=getfile&id=16343&private=0

I'm not sure if it is possible to model the green vine that wraps the cross (may be too small at that scale)?

Lady's -- I'm not sure how large this should be. I'm thinking of an overall height of two inches for the actual cross and 'S' (at the base of the cross)? If it's easy to scale the model I guess it really doesn't matter as long as the proportions are correct?

Please provide a cost estimate including a copy of the original/master 3d file.

Thanks,

Tom

• Attachment: Cross.PNG
    (Size: 378.25KB, Downloaded 390 time(s))

Re: How much would it cost to 3D model this tattoo? [message #47553 is a reply to message #47393 ] Thu, 26 April 2012 19:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lmcdesign  is currently offline lmcdesign
Go to my shop
Hi, i'm sending you a PM.
Re: How much would it cost to 3D model this tattoo? [message #47567 is a reply to message #47393 ] Fri, 27 April 2012 06:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Might be better off having it made as one solid piece and paint the orchid instead of getting two pieces and then trying to find a local jeweler that can weld good.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2012 06:39 UTC]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver
Re: How much would it cost to 3D model this tattoo? [message #47679 is a reply to message #47567 ] Mon, 30 April 2012 17:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar delta2187  is currently offline delta2187
Go to all my models
Sal,

I agree with you (as do several others that have provided the same guidance).

When you have finished creating the model, how difficult is it to then scale it up for a plastic print at a say 8 inches tall?

Tom
Re: How much would it cost to 3D model this tattoo? [message #47682 is a reply to message #47679 ] Mon, 30 April 2012 17:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lmcdesign  is currently offline lmcdesign
Go to my shop
Its really simple to scale the model. I would do it in some CAD system program in the right scale. That's probably the better way.....

Previous Topic:Modeler needed for a Jewelry design
Next Topic:[PAID] 3D Modeler for our Indie Board Game

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.