Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need small metal hinge modeled
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need small metal hinge modeled [message #47345] Sun, 22 April 2012 17:16 UTC Go to next message
avatar kreed01  is currently offline kreed01
Go to all my models
Hi all. I'm new here and not really sure how it all works. I am restoring an old computer mainframe and the door to the card cage has 2 small hinges on it so that it can drop down to access the cards. The original part was made of plastic and would always break. I'd like to have the part recreated in metal. The part is shown in the picture below. I can provide the plastic part if necessary.

• Attachment: tn.jpg
    (Size: 8.87KB, Downloaded 68 time(s))

Re: Need small metal hinge modeled [message #47346 is a reply to message #47345 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 17:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
PM sent

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: Need small metal hinge modeled [message #47348 is a reply to message #47345 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 18:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi kreed01,

The hinge part is a straight forward model to make with the right dimensions, however there may be some inaccuracy with metal, Shapeways WSF is sintered nylon that may be more suitable and for the same cost ot a Shapeways stainless print, you'd be able to get mulitples of the same model in WSF, and WSF would be more accurate.

If both hinges are the same or a mirror of each other, I can set you up with a model file for printing at a very reasonable price. Click [PM] at the bottom of this message if you've not got someone to make the model yet.

Paul
Re: Need small metal hinge modeled [message #47350 is a reply to message #47345 ] Sun, 22 April 2012 20:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Looks pretty simple.
I've attached a quick sketch.
Do you have a calliper to take the correct measurements of ?

• Attachment: L.png
    (Size: 27.52KB, Downloaded 48 time(s))

Previous Topic:3D model scan
Next Topic:Need modeller for a Velociraptor

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.