Manage Shop payment display issues

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 117436_deleted, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone,

I wanted to provide an update about shop owner payments. As you might have noticed, there were inconsistent values being displayed on your Manage Shop page and Order Overview excel. In particular, the numbers displaying Current Payment / Next Payment / Pending Payments / Payment History have been showing different values depending on where and when you checked. This is not cool.

First, let me say that we are very sorry that this problem has been occurring. I'd like to share some insight about our process, what's been going on, and what we're doing to fix the problem permanently. As I've shared before, ensuring that we provide you clear, consistent, and accurate information about your shop finances is our top priority. Whether your Shapeways shop is your business, hobby, or just a fun experiment -- it should be completely, 100%, crystal clear what you are paid, when you will be paid, and that number should always match what goes into your PayPal account.

What's happened, and why
    We've been digging into the issue over the last month, which unfortunately has taken us longer than expected. As we've shared in the past, we've inherited some issues that can sometimes hide the root cause of problems. Given that the issue involved your finances, we were reluctant to tack on a quick fix that could create otherwise unforeseen consequences.

We now fully understand the cause of the issue and are working to build a long-term solution, which we'll implement over the next week. Rest assured that the payments you've been receiving are 100% accurate -- the issue is that what you were seeing on the website did not match the accurate payments.

Our short-term fix
    The good news is that the 'Order Overview' spreadsheet was correct. As of today, you'll notice a change on the 'My Models' page (thanks B1lancer for the idea) , which provides detailed instructions and screenshots for how to pull your monthly earnings from the spreadsheet. You can access the excel spreadsheet via the My Models page, or by clicking here.

We realize that this is not a permanent solution, but it was very important to us to make sure that you had complete access to your payment and order data.

The long-term solution
    I'll post an update tomorrow with more information about the long term solution. When it comes to your payments, we want to make absolutely sure that we are fixing things and not breaking things.

If you have questions, concerns, or just want to speak your mind, we'll continue to use the most recent active forum thread regarding the issue.

2. Bump!! This will be resolved by the next pay period (May 15th) so you can finally see 100% correct numbers for what you're getting paid! :eek:

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi guys,

Just a quick update: We ARE paying all shop owners today!

We have been working hard to make sure everything is correct and since this is the first month we are moving from a manual to an automatic system, we want to triple-check that everything is right.

Rest assured, you will see money in your paypal account shortly, it's just a matter of a few hours. With this payment, we are rolling out a more transparent system which we think you'll love, so stay tuned for details!

Thank you for your patience

Best,
    Natalia

4. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    Hi everyone,

Good news! We've been hard at work on a long-term solution to ensure you have full visibility into your shop payments, and today we launched a major update to the shop payments page. You now have a full, clear history of how much you've made with your Shapeways shop, what payments are currently pending, and what sales you've made in the current transaction period. Moreover, you'll be able to see this info broken out according to payment status and date, order information, markup, and total payment. You can read all about the details on the "how we pay" page
    In the process, we unearthed a few discrepancies and have emailed the handful of users affected individually.

We've tested this with a few of you already and hope that this is a far more intuitive way to get an accurate picture of your shop finances. As always, we welcome any and all feedback (In this thread). We'll also be sending you this information by email, so you can you share your thoughts there as well.

As we've said in the past, your shop finances are our top priority. We know that accounting is rarely a cup of tea, so this is one step of many we plan to take to improve the insights and information you have about your Shapeways shop.

Best,
    Carine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.