Home »  » Shapeways Shops » Hyperlinking from model description page
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hyperlinking from model description page [message #4330] Sat, 09 May 2009 11:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways,

In my model description page
http://www.shapeways.com/model/26753/plugged_dice.html
I want to make a hyperlink to a YouTube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZMY1k-Bys

As you can see on my model description page, the hyperlink is displayed as just plain text. It is not clickable.

On the Forum, hyperlinks become immediately clickable as you can see from this post. How can I achieve the same behaviour in the model description texts of my Shapeways Shop?

How do I make a true clickable hyperlink?

Oskar
Re: Hyperlinking from model description page [message #4358 is a reply to message #4330 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 17:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar richgain  is currently offline richgain
Go to my shop
I agree this is a significant limitation. The only workaround I have found is to comment on my own models and include the link in the comment. They seem to work fine from there as well.

Richard

"a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles"
Röyksopp - Remind Me
Re: Hyperlinking from model description page [message #4359 is a reply to message #4358 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 17:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Thank you for the tip. That works, see
http://www.shapeways.com/model/29585/geary_cube.html
and
http://www.shapeways.com/model/26753/plugged_dice.html

Like you, I hope Shapeways will enable hyperlinks in the description text.

Oskar
Re: Hyperlinking from model description page [message #4362 is a reply to message #4359 ] Mon, 11 May 2009 22:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys,

There is no specific reason that hyperlinks are not automatically clickable in the description field. I agree it can be a very useful addition. I have forwarded it internally to the right people to pick this up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Robert
Re: Hyperlinking from model description page [message #5032 is a reply to message #4362 ] Thu, 25 June 2009 23:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gibell  is currently offline gibell
Go to my shop
This seems to be working now ...
Re: Hyperlinking from model description page [message #5035 is a reply to message #5032 ] Fri, 26 June 2009 09:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar arno  is currently offline arno
Go to all my models
Yes ... almost. (hence we did not advertise it yet). Long URLs might be put in separate lines. We are working on a solution for that. Wink

Kind regards, Arno
Re: Hyperlinking from model description page [message #5197 is a reply to message #5035 ] Sun, 12 July 2009 15:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar arno  is currently offline arno
Go to all my models
The latest problem is fixed with the bugfix release last Thursday. You can now use hyperlinks in the model description (like was already possible in comments).

Kind regards, Arno

[Updated on: Sun, 12 July 2009 15:40 UTC]

Previous Topic:Silver Cufflinks
Next Topic:other pay methods?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.