Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Static Image Display
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Static Image Display [message #46847] Thu, 12 April 2012 06:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar PlainOrb  is currently offline PlainOrb
Go to my shop
Hi, I can't find my last topic regarding image display, so I got this new topic.

Here is an example of static image display:
http://www.behance.net/gallery/3D-Printed-USB-Dust-Cap-Leaf- Style/3544895

and here is how the same images are dynamically displayed on shapeways:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/504592/usb-dust-cap-leaf-styl e.html

You may compare the two display means and see that dynamic display shows an obvious overcompression on images.
I used to be an amateur graphic designer and would suggest using static image display for better image quality.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2012 06:57 UTC]

Plain Orb
Re: Static Image Display [message #46866 is a reply to message #46847 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 17:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sorry... I'm still not comprehending what you are suggesting. Most of those images seem to me to be equal in quality/resolution.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Static Image Display [message #46881 is a reply to message #46866 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 18:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
stonysmith wrote on Thu, 12 April 2012 17:20

Sorry... I'm still not comprehending what you are suggesting. Most of those images seem to me to be equal in quality/resolution.

I notice the shapeways image is not as crisp. Especially if you look at the leaf itself (open both and switch back and forth) Maybe this is done for load speed? I don't know graphics or coding so I have no idea.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Static Image Display [message #46888 is a reply to message #46881 ] Thu, 12 April 2012 19:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Yep, one picture is ten times the size of the other. And if you work out how many photos Shapeways hosts you may get an inkling of how much more bandwidth higher definition images would cost them.

Bill Bedford
Re: Static Image Display [message #46916 is a reply to message #46847 ] Fri, 13 April 2012 07:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PlainOrb  is currently offline PlainOrb
Go to my shop
You may open both links, compare the image with keyboard and compare the words on the keyboard. Keyboard words are clear on Behance.net and blur on Shapeways.com
You may learn more about image over compression at
http://brycetech.daz3d.com/tutor/windows/jpeg_compression.ht ml
Shapeways display images in dynamic means, which usually require Adobe Flash Player for viewing.
Behance display images in static means, which simply list all images one after another and do not require Adobe Flash Player for viewing.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 April 2012 07:09 UTC]

Plain Orb

Previous Topic:Mark Up Setting
Next Topic:April Payments

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.