Hello I'm a newbie !!!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 164602_deleted, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hi what brings me to shapeways,umm this site is just freaking awsome i never knew that anything like this could be done. I'm from Ohio and and my favorite hobby is wrenching and riding motorcycles. I also like to fabricate anything that i can for them myself , I like the old school chopper or bobber look. I have a few ideas or designs that i would like to make that i know other people would really like. I was looking into casting but my neighbor who is a computer guru told me about this site and for what i want to do i think would be so much easier. I have no experience in any of this and been looking at some of the software but don't know which is the best to use. I would like to find one that I can use a photo of my project and convert it to 3d to make it available for printing. So if anyone can help it would be great,and by the way did i mention that this is some of the coolest stuff i've seen thank you. :D

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome to Shapeway! If your within driving distance of Baltimore, we're having a community meetup on the 26th. There will be lots of people to give you insight on what software will work best for you.

3. Thank you for the info is that Baltimore, Maryland or in Ohio was just wondering cause if its in Baltimore, Ohio I definitely will go.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Nope sorry, Baltimore MD.

5. Check this out... Orange County Choppers using 3D Printing

vimeo.com/58203715