Home » Support » 3D Applications » Walls too thin. Z brush help
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Walls too thin. Z brush help [message #46780] Wed, 11 April 2012 03:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
Hi Guys..
I was wondering if anyone had a way to check thickness on a really complicated model? I created it in Z-brush and hollowed it out. I can print in Black detail but it gets rejected for stainless steel. I can't scale it up 3X or it will be to big. Solid it's really expensive.

thank Ruby
Re: Walls too thin. Z brush help [message #47122 is a reply to message #46780 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 20:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar skatersollie  is currently offline skatersollie
Go to my shop
This is one of the challenges I face too... I wish there was an automated program that checks and fixes the problem... I don't think there are any ways around cept to maek the changes to your model...If you thicken parts that needs to be detailed then you have an unrealistic model and if you don't thicken it it doesn't suport the standard to get printed =( good luck at finding a solution.

http://www.skatersollie.com
Re: Walls too thin. Z brush help [message #47123 is a reply to message #46780 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 20:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar damocles  is currently offline damocles
Go to all my models
I think Netfabb Basic does measurements.

Autofix is hard, who's to say what is or isn't still true to the design? Automatically making a shell of a solid is doable if the exterior isn't too complex and if you specify adequate via holes.
Re: Walls too thin. Z brush help [message #47125 is a reply to message #47123 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 21:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar skatersollie  is currently offline skatersollie
Go to my shop
I didn't really mean auto fix...but really a program that shows you where the problem areas are... and the best way to possibly correct the problem...as what we are all looking for is a solution fix the problem in a way that still holds true to our original intended look of the design because once you start adding thickness you lose all the detail..

http://www.skatersollie.com
Re: Walls too thin. Z brush help [message #47130 is a reply to message #47125 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 23:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
Hmm what I am thinking of doing is just bringing it into another program and Boolean it in slices and measure it that way. I used the dynamesh hollow option in Zbrush but you can't really see how thick it becomes.

Previous Topic:netfabb one shell or two shells
Next Topic:Appropriate paint

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.