Walls too thin. Z brush help

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by rubyscooby, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rubyscooby
    rubyscooby Member
    Hi Guys..
    I was wondering if anyone had a way to check thickness on a really complicated model? I created it in Z-brush and hollowed it out. I can print in Black detail but it gets rejected for stainless steel. I can't scale it up 3X or it will be to big. Solid it's really expensive.

thank Ruby

2. skatersollie
    skatersollie Member
    This is one of the challenges I face too... I wish there was an automated program that checks and fixes the problem... I don't think there are any ways around cept to maek the changes to your model...If you thicken parts that needs to be detailed then you have an unrealistic model and if you don't thicken it it doesn't suport the standard to get printed =( good luck at finding a solution.

3. I think Netfabb Basic does measurements.

Autofix is hard, who's to say what is or isn't still true to the design? Automatically making a shell of a solid is doable if the exterior isn't too complex and if you specify adequate via holes.

4. skatersollie
    skatersollie Member
    I didn't really mean auto fix...but really a program that shows you where the problem areas are... and the best way to possibly correct the problem...as what we are all looking for is a solution fix the problem in a way that still holds true to our original intended look of the design because once you start adding thickness you lose all the detail..

5. rubyscooby
    rubyscooby Member
    Hmm what I am thinking of doing is just bringing it into another program and Boolean it in slices and measure it that way. I used the dynamesh hollow option in Zbrush but you can't really see how thick it becomes.