Home » Community » Work in progress » iphone mount for use with a popular construction toy
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
iphone mount for use with a popular construction toy [message #46698] Mon, 09 April 2012 18:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
this is just an early model......havent spent too much time finishing it...........
will need to test that the sockets are at spec and that they hold strong

and placement of sockets

might just be easier to simplify the connection method and place more in various places over the body

the sockets are at 45 degree increments....equally arrayed around a hemisphere. This should hopefully allow for maximum versatility.

i doubt anyone would be interested in this as a case but more of a versatile mounting platform for a multitude of uses.

this product is to exploit the multi-functionality of knex:

the mount could be attached to a rail and used to take steady sweeping shots while filming

trip-pods for photography

create your own dock or stand for watching movies, etc

index.php?t=getfile&id=16002&private=0

• Attachment: c.jpg
    (Size: 90.38KB, Downloaded 149 time(s))

boop
Re: iphone mount for use with a popular construction toy [message #46705 is a reply to message #46698 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 20:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Great concept, and it looks neat too!

Now I understand where your 'copyright' thread was headed. Watch out for Apple's IP rights too - Guidelines for Using Apple Trademarks and Copyrights - I'm pretty sure you'd be ok with the title as Mount for iPhone with K'Nex adapter Mount for iPhone with adapter for K'Nex.

[edit] opps!

[Updated on: Mon, 09 April 2012 20:37 UTC]

Re: iphone mount for use with a popular construction toy [message #46707 is a reply to message #46698 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 23:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mary.Huang  is currently offline Mary.Huang
Go to my shop
I work here
Cool!
Would love to see your results if you make any camera rigs.

Previous Topic:Jack Sparrow Skull Ring
Next Topic:copyright infringement

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.