Home »  » 3D Printing » Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail [message #46660] Sun, 08 April 2012 21:18 UTC Go to next message
avatar Geonwoo1142@gmail.com  is currently offline Geonwoo1142@gmail.com
Go to all my models
Hi! I'm involved in a program called F1 in Schools and as part of it I have to write a 20-page design portfolio. We got the wheels for our model car here on Shapeways in Frosted detail, and our axles in Frosted Ultra Detail. I would like to feature the real names for these materials in our portfolio. Are they both the same material with FUD just having the machine set to a higher detail or what?
Re: Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail [message #46670 is a reply to message #46660 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 07:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
F1 for Schools is a great program, good luck with your project!
FD & FUD is printed on the Projet HD 3000. Most of the info you need is on the Material Safety Data Sheet linked to from the Frosted Detail material page

Re: Scientific name for Frosted Detail/Ultra Detail [message #46683 is a reply to message #46670 ] Mon, 09 April 2012 13:44 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Geonwoo1142@gmail.com  is currently offline Geonwoo1142@gmail.com
Go to all my models
Thanks very much, that's a great help! While I'm at it I might plug my team's Facebook page here. We have a cool competition where if you like our page and share our cover photo you can win 2 tickets to Bavaria City Racing Dublin in June Very Happy

Previous Topic:Should I smooth this out first?
Next Topic:quesetion

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.