Home » Support » 3D Design » needing a Hollowing expert
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
needing a Hollowing expert [message #4248] Mon, 04 May 2009 18:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar tree  is currently offline tree
Go to my shop
can some one help me make this cheeper?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/28685/collosus.html

any one can hollow it for me?

Re: needing a Hollowing expert [message #4251 is a reply to message #4248 ] Mon, 04 May 2009 20:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
Hi tree, I had a look at your model and there doesn't appear to be a great deal of thickness to it to begin with... How big do you plan to print it?

BTW we can't view it on your model page because you've set it to 'only for me'

Cheers
Rob
Re: needing a Hollowing expert [message #4257 is a reply to message #4248 ] Tue, 05 May 2009 07:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
was aiming for about 4cm across, as its going ot be in the inset of a case similar looking to "the golden compass" but with a model of a city inside insted.

oh so thats what that means ok, ill change that. (have set all my stuff to be visible to all now)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 May 2009 07:44 UTC]

Re: needing a Hollowing expert [message #4258 is a reply to message #4248 ] Tue, 05 May 2009 10:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ushanka  is currently offline Ushanka
Go to my shop
Do you mean this URL? http://www.shapeways.com/model/28751/simple_case_for_collosu s.html

I tried opening the one you linked to and got an "Invalid model id" error. Similarly, I found I can't open the .stl file you provided. I think I can help you hollow out your design if I can actually get it.
Re: needing a Hollowing expert [message #4263 is a reply to message #4258 ] Tue, 05 May 2009 13:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
sorry i deleted the big version and scaled it down like DaddyMack said

its now $8 insted of $114 so im happy Very Happy

Previous Topic:mesh' optimal density and model granulosity
Next Topic:puzzle: where is the inverted normal?