Home » Community » Introductions » What a cool idea!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon10.gif  What a cool idea! [message #4137] Tue, 28 April 2009 20:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar WiKKiDWidgets  is currently offline WiKKiDWidgets
Go to my shop
...Something WiKKiD this way comes....
WiKKiD Widgets

Yet another way to go from my mind, to 3D, to reality....

Re: What a cool idea! [message #4139 is a reply to message #4137 ] Tue, 28 April 2009 20:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Welcome to Shapeways... looking forward to see wikkid models. Very Happy

Cheers!

Robert
Re: What a cool idea! [message #4141 is a reply to message #4139 ] Tue, 28 April 2009 21:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Oh you will good sir! I already make a slew of WiKKiD Widgets out of aluminum with my CNC machine, but there is only so much you can 'Cut out' of a block of material. I discoverd 3D printing a while back, but it was way too expensive. This really seems like its too good to be true!
Re: What a cool idea! [message #4145 is a reply to message #4141 ] Tue, 28 April 2009 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
Welcome Wikkid! Smile

Do you have a website for the CNC stuff you do now?

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: What a cool idea! [message #4163 is a reply to message #4145 ] Wed, 29 April 2009 10:22 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Indeed I do, but you would be catching me with my pants down so to speak. hehe. I just recently took the site down because I originally programmed it in Flash MX and it was just way too hard to maintain, so I am re-vamping it with Drupal.

However, you can find the article I wrote on the subject in Issue 18 of BlenderArt magazine.

http://www.blenderart.org/issues/

The article is titled: CNC Machining with Blender

That article cover allot of the basic questions out there I was seeing with regards to Blender 3D and CNC. And goes on to illustrate how I came to use it for 2.5D (Profle) cutting.

But of course, now that I have found Shapeways here, the 'living' version that lives on my website must be updated! Here is a picture of one of my Widgets. (Attached)

Previous Topic:Greetings from outer space!
Next Topic:Hello, greetings from sunny italy ^_^