Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Small tweaks to the forum layout
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Small tweaks to the forum layout [message #46455] Wed, 04 April 2012 16:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey everyone,

We're making a couple small tweaks to the way the forums are organized today to make it easier to find the threads that matter to you. They shouldn't affect your experience too much, but I wanted to let you know you might see a few small changes. I'll bounce back with you soon to provide specifics notes on what was changed. Wink

Thanks,
Ana

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Small tweaks to the forum layout [message #46469 is a reply to message #46455 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 19:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff is currently online stop4stuff
Go to my shop
ooo... i spotted one...
Subscribe to a sub-forum
I like that Smile
---> heads off to subscribe to Modeller Needed Wink

Re: Small tweaks to the forum layout [message #46477 is a reply to message #46469 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 20:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Believe it or not, that feature has been there since before today. I don't blame you for missing it though, it's incredibly hard to catch, and it took me a long time to find it. Wink This old forums software has so many features hidden away in hard to find places...

In any case, here's an update on the tweaks we made today:

Interesting Links has been rolled into General Discussion
This section wasn't used very much, and so to keep more conversation in one place (and encourage more of it) we took all posts from Interesting Links and moved them over to General Discussion. In a few days we'll delete the Interesting Links section all together, but we want to give everyone a chance to see what's going on first.

Feedback renamed to Bug Reporting & Site Feedback
Between the Feedback section of the forum, feedback.shapeways.com, and our CS team it got to be a little hard to figure out what to do when you needed to report a problem. Carine made a new sticky to help people understand a bit better, but to reiterate

a) we encourage you to post bugs you come across in the this newly renamed section of the forum
b) you can head to feedback.shapeways.com to discuss and vote on ways to improve the Shapeways experience
c) we ask that you email service@shapeways.com when you have an issue with an individual order or model upload.

Hope this helps improve you forums experience a little bit. Very Happy

- Ana

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Introducing new colors for the Strong & Flexible Family
Next Topic:Improvements to the My Models Page