Home »  » Work in progress » Uploading my first model... close to being good
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Uploading my first model... close to being good [message #46302] Sun, 01 April 2012 23:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar rjkung  is currently offline rjkung
Go to all my models
Hi All:

I am new to shapeways and just uploaded my first model.
It does appear in My Models but the Shapeways Generated Image is not correct. One of the groups in the model is separate from the main model.

If the generated rendering is not correct does that mean the model is somehow not correct? Or is the generated image just a rough guide that is not necessarily correct?

Model was done in Sketch-up Pro 8 uploaded as .dae

Anyone had the same issue? What would the fix be. Perhaps group the wayward part to the rest of the model?
Re: Uploading my first model... close to being good [message #46303 is a reply to message #46302 ] Sun, 01 April 2012 23:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rjkung  is currently offline rjkung
Go to all my models
Hi Kids

Well guess what - I fixed the issue. I just grouped the piece with the rest of the model and the shapeways rendering looks correct now.... So now to try a print.
.dae from Sketch up 8 seems to work fine... well perhaps I should wait until I print something out before I celebrate.

Onward and upward
Re: Uploading my first model... close to being good [message #46403 is a reply to message #46302 ] Tue, 03 April 2012 18:17 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
go you! Smile

boop

Previous Topic:3D Project - Cannabis models - Buds
Next Topic:First "real" print Mockingjay from the hunger games

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.