Home » Support » 3D Design » Inverted Normal on a laryngoscope
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Inverted Normal on a laryngoscope [message #4039] Fri, 24 April 2009 14:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar t-muts  is currently offline t-muts
Go to all my models
Dear all,

I'm quite a newbie to all of this, but I can't seem to figure out what normal problem I'm having with this design.

It was created with Sketchup 7, and I exported it both as Collada and STL, but it does not work.

I severed the blade (upper part) from the handle. The blade works but the handle doesn't.
So I suppose it it probably the handle.

I tried to recreate it several times in several different ways, but that doesn't help me.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you and kind regards

Teus

Re: Inverted Normal on a laryngoscope [message #4043 is a reply to message #4039 ] Fri, 24 April 2009 20:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AO  is currently offline AO
Go to my shop
Hi t-muts,

This stl should be printable, but you've to resize it.
It became bigger its scaled 1,he model is ok you had some problems at the hartshape itself and where the har
tshape is attached to the tube.
A boolean operation or a fillet might solve the problem also.

Greetings AO

Re: Inverted Normal on a laryngoscope [message #4067 is a reply to message #4039 ] Sun, 26 April 2009 19:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar t-muts  is currently offline t-muts
Go to all my models
Thanks AO,

Now I know what to look for.
I just couldn't find it.

Thanks again.

T-Muts

Previous Topic:Stencil From Line Drawing
Next Topic:Inverted Normals Problems

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.