Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » google sketchup import help
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
google sketchup import help [message #45626] Sat, 17 March 2012 20:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar jokamo  is currently offline jokamo
Go to all my models
Hi, this site has immediatly got me interested to see what could be created, and i have always wondered why some starships are not turned into models,so i looked at how to export models to shapeways from google sketchup, but sadly i do not have the programs needed to do it
if you have the programs in this tutorial: http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/sketchup_3d_printing_expo rt_to_stl_tutorial
then your help in this would be greatly appreciated,
there are in total 7 models that i would like to be exported,
if you are interested in doing this, please contact me at:
joebushen@hotmail.com
i'll email you the files for you to export
(im not sure how to put a file in the post, if there is a way then please say and i shall to save time =) )

Re: google sketchup import help [message #45663 is a reply to message #45626 ] Sun, 18 March 2012 19:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
If you read STEP 1 again on the tutorial you refer to, you wil see there are links for the software you require. Meshlab is free. there is another program which is free http://netfabb.com/basic.php
Plus you can upload a DAE file from Sketchup.
Maximum filesize: 64 MB. Supported filetypes: DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL, ZIP. ZIP may contain all supported 3d files and textures. Textures files(GIF, JPG, PNG) are only available for color uploads(WRL,X3D,X3DB, X3DV files).

[Updated on: Sun, 18 March 2012 19:57 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com

Previous Topic:3d Modeler for Fashion Designer Projects
Next Topic:Check this scene please!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.