Production time?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 79589_deleted, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 79589_deleted
    79589_deleted Member
    My latest order was supposed to ship on March 14th, but it still noted as "in production". I sent an email to customer support yesterday but no response yet. Just wondering if maybe I missed a notice regarding slower processing times? No worries, just trying to plan :)

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    As far as I know everything is running smoothly. I'll bug some people to see what's going on.

3. 79589_deleted
    79589_deleted Member
    Hmmm . . . still no response from customer service. That really surprises me as they have been so quick to respond in the past.

4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi rwd,

Thank you for emailing us.

Unfortunately we did not receive your email due to a bug in our system which we have just found. :(
    It seems that for the last few days, no emails from the contact form arrived in our inbox, which is why we were unable to reply as soon as possible.

As you can see in your own inbox, I have informed you about the status of your order. :)

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of this delay and problems with our inbox.
    We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible.

5. 79589_deleted
    79589_deleted Member
    Thanks so much! I knew something had to be up because you guys are usually so great with responses. Hope you fix the problem soon! :)

6. So, double whammy, huh? Bug with the contact form and at the exact same time bug in the production run... What's the chances?

My order is also in a state of limbo with no response from the contact form.

7. 79589_deleted
    79589_deleted Member
    My order arrived, and although it was later than was originally quoted Shapeways did their best to make it right for me. Must say I am truly impressed with the customer support!

Owning a business myself I do understand that things can go awry--its not a perfect world. What sets businesses apart, however, is how they deal with complications and upset customers. Nice job, folks--thank you! :)