Home » Community » General Discussion » Anyone Else Have This Problem?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45242] Sat, 10 March 2012 14:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar SturdyPeasantWoman  is currently offline SturdyPeasantWoman
Go to my shop
I've been trying to upload a couple new images since last night, and it just stops on a blank page.

Is it just me or is there a problem at the other end?

Thanks!

-Sherry

Sad
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45246 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 14:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
works ok for me
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45254 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 17:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Any project that involved the image popper seems to result in a blank white screen which is a result of the new update. So for us poppers, the site is completely unusable for yet another weekend.
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45257 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 17:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
I've been having a lot of problems with the site since the major update. But the issues seem to be because I'm using IE8, I'm having to use Chrome to post this because forums, updates, and many other things are not available using IE. This is a major concern to me that 60% of the world may be having trouble getting to my products.

Earl Grey, hot.
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45277 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 22:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
Us poor poppers are positively frustrated by the preposterous predicament you've placed us in. The only positive part is that The Vibe creator has been provided to placate us until the popping problem is pfixed.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45282 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sat, 10 March 2012 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdickason  is currently offline bdickason
Go to my shop
I work here
My alliteration is not as strong as Aeron's Sad

I'm sorry you guys are having issue with the image popper. We broke it in this latest update and have not been able to bring it back on yet. It will be fixed in an upcoming release early this week. We're working really hard to get this back online and also deal with the IE8/9 issues along with other remaining bugs.

johnnylingo, it may give you some short term peace of mind to know that significantly less than 60% of our visitors use IE8. I realize this is no excuse for Shapeways to not support IE8 in full, or for the bugginess you're experiencing. We're working to get this resolved as soon as possible.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 01:18 UTC]

Director of Product - Shapeways
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45289 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 01:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar zqtwho  is currently offline zqtwho
Go to my shop
yeah im getting a white screen as well
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45292 is a reply to message #45289 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 02:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Two notes.. yes, MS-IE represents some 60% of the market, but there are at least 4 versions 'out in the wild' (versions 6,7,8,9), of which, you are likely to find IE9 most prevalent in the home market, with IE6 (yes, i said SIX.. shudder) still prevalent in many corporate machines.

When I try to upload a popper image, I see at the top of the screen "HTTP 500".. if you are seeing this error #.. it would be helpful to report that fact here, along with which browser and OS you are using.

I'm running IE9 on Windows 7 - 64 bit version.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 March 2012 02:48 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45294 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 03:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar zqtwho  is currently offline zqtwho
Go to my shop
i got errors on firefox, Opera and Safari
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45298 is a reply to message #45292 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 05:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=15265&private=0

Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45300 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 06:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
And there is no place to save a design when trying to do earrings. I haven't tried rings.

Hope this update was/will be worth it! I am in withdrawal.

Crying or Very Sad
Re: Anyone Else Have This Problem? [message #45338 is a reply to message #45242 ] Sun, 11 March 2012 21:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
As Bradley said, this will hopefully be fixed in an update early this week. If you have any new issues, please report them on the feedback post here

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Lightpoem - not working ?
Next Topic:nano 3d printer

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.