My Models page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stop4stuff, Mar 9, 2012.

Default 'My Models' view

1. Most popular

2. Newest Upload

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    With the new upfate, when you head over to your My Models page, the default view for models is now sorted by Most Popular.

To my mind this is not right as the logical next step after uploading a model is to view the model in My Models.

I've been asked to find out what the rest of you Shapies out there think, so now is your opportunity to have a say.

If there's another option you'd like to be added to the poll, just let me know.

Cheers,
    Paul

2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Before the setting was remembered, so the default was not so important. Now it seems the default is fixed, so it matters.

3. CGD
    CGD Member
    AND, at least in my case, the currency is now defaulted to €. Even worse, the mechanism to change it back to USD is broken!
    snap.jpg
    Since now it is the beginning o the weekend, I guess this won't be fixed until next week.

I think a lot of us have suggested to Shapeways that system changes needed to be thoroughly tested? And if Shapeways is too busy to do it a public beta before implementation in real life?

AND, please not do this sudden untested changes on the weekend. It is very irresponsible to dump a bug and go home to enjoy the weekend and have the rest of us living with the consequences. :evil:

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    And just to make life awkward, recently deleted models appear in 'My Models', and you got it, deleting the model again bumps the 'My Models' page back to sorted by 'Most Popular' :confused

5. CGD, I completely agree with you on the thorough testing. We're working on this and I hope that you'll see a huge improvement as we move forward with future releases.

I've added this bug to our list and we'll resolve it shortly.

Additionally, we have been working Friday night and today to fix a large number of the bugs that you guys have reported. We'll continue to do so and will have a release prepped early next week. I assure you, we are not just sleeping while you guys deal with a buggy site!! :)

Finally, we will do our best not to release anything late in the week or on the weekend going forward. Our apologies that this release came out on a Friday.