Home » Support » 3D Printing » Silver printing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Silver printing [message #45131] Fri, 09 March 2012 14:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar moniquehorsman  is currently offline moniquehorsman
Go to all my models
I want to print something in silver, so i checked the max measurements and it says: 15x15x3cm(*)
But this (*) says: (*) Dependent on the design, for more information see Silver Design Rules

Silver design rules
The basics...

Wall thickness minimum: .6 mm ---> yes
Detail thickness minimum: .3 mm ---> yes
And no Embossing needed...

So what other factors do I need to be aware of if I want to print in Silver?

Will that mean I am able to print a larger model?

Please help!

thanks!
Smile
Re: Silver printing [message #45133 is a reply to message #45131 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 15:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Hi Monique,

No this is the maximum size.

But if you take the maximum size of 15x15x3cm, the model needs to have a thicker wallthickness then the 0.6mm as it will probably be to fragile if you have a long wall of 15cm which is just 0.6mm thick.

Good luck with your design!
Re: Silver printing [message #45140 is a reply to message #45133 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 17:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi Monique & Jettuh Smile

Even small items in silver sometimes need larger than 0.6mm wall thickness. Rolling Eyes

For a larger-than-printable item, I'd suggest multiple models that would be able to be soldered together - or find a company that will supply the wax models that can be joined together before invstement.

Paul

Previous Topic:Ceramics - glaze dimensions?
Next Topic:IPhone case material