Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Missing components in Shapeways upload.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Missing components in Shapeways upload. [message #44881] Mon, 05 March 2012 08:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar Kyle772  is currently offline Kyle772
Go to my shop
The attached file is the design As of now it isn't quite finished and needs some revision. For some reason when I upload it to shapeways the two rotating connectors (the ones that look like a beam of steel cut in half with a raised dot in the middle) don't show up on the preview page.

I'm not sure what is causing this so can someone please point me to the problem so I can fix it? I went through a lot of troubleshooting on my last project and this didn't happen to me in the process.

This is what it looks like Link!
The two poles to hold the device and the two connectors are missing in the upload but they are there in the file.

Thanks in advance

[Updated on: Mon, 05 March 2012 08:23 UTC]

- Kyle
Re: Missing components in Shapeways upload. [message #44889 is a reply to message #44881 ] Mon, 05 March 2012 11:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Hi Kyle,

Please have a look at this topic:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6780&a mp;start=0&

If I'm correct, you are having the same problems as this customer did.

By extruding the parts in each other they will be unified by our mesh medic upload system.
Currently your model has overlapping faces which is why parts are getting deleted.

Please know that I cannot guarantee this above 100% as I do not have Sketchup to check the original model.

Previous Topic:Rhino --> STL problem, how can I make Shapeways accept my model?
Next Topic:Need To Add An Eye To A Pendant

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.