Home » Support » 3D Printing » How advanced is your service?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
How advanced is your service? [message #44803] Fri, 02 March 2012 19:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar Plouffe11  is currently offline Plouffe11
Go to all my models
I was wondering how advanced your service is?

If I provided a design file that included separate components - for example a top/bottom of an object that used a simple hinge - would you produce that item so that it indeed worked?

Would the object come assembled?

Re: How advanced is your service? [message #44804 is a reply to message #44803 ] Fri, 02 March 2012 19:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I have many models in my shop that have operating joints, etc .. all you have to do is design the model so that the shells overlap, but have a wee gap between them so as not to touch. You can check the various design rules to see what that gap needs to be.

All four axles on this model http://shpws.me/2zQ4 freely rotate.. the whole model is not an inch long.

One thing though.. some of these materials are not going to take rough use.. some of them like FUD are not able to withstand much pressure.

The other thing is that you can't do this with glass, ceramic, or metals.. they will fuse together during post-processing.

Shapeways does not at this time have facility to combine materials, nor to assemble various parts after printing. You'd have to do that kind of thing yourself.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 March 2012 19:41 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:Threaded holes
Next Topic:Multiple Separate Objects?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.