Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Full 3D web browser model support
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Full 3D web browser model support [message #44738] Thu, 01 March 2012 20:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar 94b2e02c26  is currently offline 94b2e02c26
Go to all my models
I've been using this new website to upload and display some of my 3D models online. Any HTML5 browser and PC with a decent GL capable graphics chip can view them. I think Shapeways should implement it into the site and forums so we can get a true look at someone's work.

site: http://p3d.in
Re: Full 3D web browser model support [message #44740 is a reply to message #44738 ] Thu, 01 March 2012 20:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Not a bad idea, maybe start an item on Uservoice and get others to vote on it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Full 3D web browser model support [message #44751 is a reply to message #44740 ] Fri, 02 March 2012 01:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Not to be negative, but if the image is displayed in the (local) browser, then the model must be downloaded to the viewer's PC.

That means that it could be 'hacked' to allow you to grab models that are not openly available.

I am sure that shopowners would not be interesting in "giving away" most of their profit-bearing work.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Full 3D web browser model support [message #51616 is a reply to message #44751 ] Fri, 20 July 2012 17:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar flypig  is currently offline flypig
Go to my shop
I can fully appreciate the problem with not wanting to download models to the local machine. However, for many prints this isn't a problem, and personally all of my models have the "Allow downloads" option selected anyway. For these models, this plugin would really help to make the models much more vivid.

So I just wanted to support the idea (at least where the modeller agrees) and thank 94b2e02c26 for suggesting it. I'll be using this plugin everywhere I can now!

Re: Full 3D web browser model support [message #52164 is a reply to message #44738 ] Tue, 31 July 2012 18:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cushwa  is currently offline cushwa
Go to my shop
I agree.. This is a good idea

I am big character inc.
icon14.gif  Re: Full 3D web browser model support [message #52831 is a reply to message #44751 ] Sun, 19 August 2012 16:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Thanks Stonysmith, this has been a concern of mine for some time now and I see your already on top of it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:Bog preview, any tips?
Next Topic:profile pic?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.