Hi I'm Leslie, I'm new and I have some questions.

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by aachisuto, Feb 29, 2012.

1. aachisuto
    aachisuto Member
    First of all, I've actually had an account on shapeways for a while and just receive the email subscription but I've never really done anything with the account. When I just logged in today to talk on the forum and used my facebook to connect to it, the username and email address was set to something like srab2001 or something. Then when I logged out and relogged in, it was in my username and email address.

Is this some weird glitch or has somebody messed with my account? Should I close this and open a new one in case someone got into it? I changed my password but I can't help but be paranoid.

Ok so that was the issue that was really bugging me. With that out of the way, here's the intro.

My name is Leslie and I'm a graduate of the Art Institute CA- San Diego and my field of study was media arts and animation. Unfortunately, I haven't really been able to keep as up to date on 3D programs since graduating and I've migrated toward sculpting by hand anyway.

I was actually wanting to make my own movable doll-like-things with pieces that can be removed and put back in and stay. What i'm wanting to do that for is to use these 'dolls' as a sort of base for some of my sculptures, so I can make my freelance sculpt commissions quicker and also have some uniformity between my works. I want to be able to make one print and then mold the pieces and cast them in resin myself since I have been getting into mold making too.

I've found quite a few people selling ball jointed dolls on here, but I haven't been able to find a tutorial on how to go about making them to be able to print. I especially want to know how to make the joints so they can be removed and put back together, as I'm assuming that moving ball jointed dolls made on here are printed as one whole part and the joints are printed so that they can move but never come out of the doll.

If someone could help me out with this I'd really appreciate it! :D thanks ^^