Hello, I'm Charlotte!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by CharGyse, Feb 29, 2012.

1. CharGyse
    CharGyse Member
    I'm really excited. This site is exactly what I've been looking for! :D

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
    Creative impulses! My boyfriend sent me a link to a "Make It Real" competition, which led me to Autodesk 123D, which led me to Shapeways :)

2) Where are you from?
    Originally Pembrokeshire, but I'm now living in Cardiff on the other side of South Wales [UK].

3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
    I have loads of interests... At the moment I'm just trying to make pretty things, e.g. tea-light holders, but eventually I'm going to try designing more technical stuff with moving parts.

Maybe some useful things.
    Maybe some things that just look pretty.
    Maybe silly things too.

My intention is to try to earn a bit of income from my designs, so I'd better be designing some quality stuff :p

4) Your software
    I'm using the Autodesk 123D Beta at the moment. So far I've gone through a tutorial on how to make a Welcome coat hanger to get an idea of the tools.

5) Your experience level
    I've always been fairly good with drawing, maths stuff and imagining 2D plans as 3D objects.

I literally started looking and reading up about 123D and Shapeways four days ago. I recently graduated from a 3 year Computer Games Design BA(Hons) course where I learned how to use Autodesk's Maya though, so I'm pretty familiar with 3D modelling.

For anything I haven't known, search engines have been my friends!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome!

I'm glad you were able to make use of my little introduction guide :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

3. CharGyse
    CharGyse Member
    That was by you? Awesome! Thank you for that. I also have the Precise Modelling and Assembling Components tutorials to try out this week too.

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Awesomeness! Let us know if you need a hand getting a Shapeways shop set up. We've got lots of knowledge in the Shapeways community, and folks are usually happy to point you in the right direction.

:)