Introduction Guide Lines

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Youknowwho4eva, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    First off, Welcome to Shapeways!

This is your chance to get started on the right foot. So I'll give you a little template to guide you in introducing yourself to the community. (Several people have been answering these 1, 2, 3. Please feel free to mix it up, write up a nice paragraph or what ever you wish. Just aim to at least include these things)

1) What brings you to Shapeways?
    2) Where are you from?
    3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
    4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
    5) Your experience level

With this info, the community can help you get your first print ordered, point you to helpful tutorials or posts, and maybe point you to a Shapeways meetup site so you can meet other community members face to face.

Where do I go now?!?
    [list type=square]
    [*] If you have any questions visit the Support section here Do some searching, a lot of questions have already been answered but don't hesitate to ask if you can't find what you're looking for. We all had our first day.
    [*] Once you've started your project, and if you want some outside opinions, feel free to share it in the Work in Progress section here
    [*] Then once you have your piece, get some nice photos and post it in the It arrived section here
    [*] And if you feel your piece is extra awesome, there's the Feature this section here
    [/list]
    If you have any questions about any of these feel free to email The Community Team

Again, Welcome, and enjoy all the community has to offer!
    And, as always, try to follow our community guidelines.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  2. hello. my name is piran irani. i am from mumbai, india
    i am a designer and an artist.. the reason that i am here is because i find this website very helpful and very interesting for a digital artist like me.

i am seeking ways to make my living from doing what i love and to be really honest, THIS IS WHAT I LOVE. sculpting, making models, artworks, is very joyful for me.

the only software that i am using currently is Zbrush. its has been very influential for me and very useful. i have been using this software since 6 months and its been going great ever since. i have self acquired the knowledge to use Zbrush to make my models.

as you will see in the attached image with the message, you will see how much progress i have made within 6 months

any help will be most grateful.
    yours truly.

Attached Files:

Caspert likes this.
  3. Hi wonderful Shapeways family, i really love a community that enables everyone to participate in a technology that has thousands of applications the limit of design is your imagination as they say, I don't have a store i'm dying to take some classes. here's what i posted before anyone interested in taking me up on the question let me know. (previous blog)
    SHAPEWAYS SCHOOL IS WHAT I'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR. it makes sure there are instructors wherever you are in the shapeways global family i love that -- but most of all i want to take KEVIN WEI class i saw his work close up at the Material Connexion exhibit in NYC. Here's the thing. alot of 3d work happens on expensive software, i.e., Rhino, Jewel CAD etc., but 3d software like Blender or Sketch up is out there, instruction for it is expensive. Look i would not disparage the work of super Blender guru Jonathan Williamson at all he's fantastic but he's also $80.00 an hour. I want to learn Blender but i want to afford it too i know that's a tall order can anyone fill it. my main interest is JEWELERY CAD/CAM DESIGN.

4. Hello I was referred to this site by a friend and I'm from Idaho. I'm thinking about using shapeways to make ring but the stuff that I have uploaded so far seem to change once I do. Like one time I tried to upload a design and when it showed up the size was increased greatly, so it made the cost sky rocket. Any suggestions? And I'm using SolidWorks.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Chances are your upload units don't match your export units. Check out the 3D applications section, and if you can't find what your looking for post there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.