Home » Support » 3D Printing » Are mirrored uv maps a problem for color printing?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Are mirrored uv maps a problem for color printing? [message #44364] Thu, 23 February 2012 10:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar thirteeenth  is currently offline thirteeenth
Go to all my models
Hello everyone, I want to print a model in colored sandstone.

The model has a single 1024x1024 uv map, since it is symmetrical I've mirrored one half of the body so both sides use the same texture space.

In the guide it says:
"You can use more than one texture map on your object, but the maps are not allowed to overlap – the printer cannot figure out which texture to print in that case."

I'm not sure I understand this correctly and some clarification would be very nice.
Do I have to make sure that there is no overlapping even when using just one texture map?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Are mirrored uv maps a problem for color printing? [message #44488 is a reply to message #44364 ] Sun, 26 February 2012 01:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
That's fine.

They were talking about multi-layer materials or overlapping planes.

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Are mirrored uv maps a problem for color printing? [message #44503 is a reply to message #44488 ] Sun, 26 February 2012 14:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar thirteeenth  is currently offline thirteeenth
Go to all my models
Thank you! Smile

Previous Topic:What to consider when working with Alumide?
Next Topic:"Solid" vs "Enclosed"