Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Shop payments and sales not updating?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44255] Tue, 21 February 2012 06:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar SheilaMunro  is currently offline SheilaMunro
Go to my shop
Since Feb. 08 I haven't seen one single sale register in my shop... Anyone else having the same issue? The "Last Payment", "Pending Payments" & "Next Payment" fields are all not updating correctly, everything else appears to be working fine though.

Thanks,
Matthew & Sheila
Dropping Form Designs
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44306 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 22 February 2012 11:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
I agree these numbers are incorrect.

"Last payment" still shows January's number, but off by a few cents. "Next payment" says Feb 15, which is of course past, and the number is off by over $170. "Pending payment" I haven't checked.

I'm afraid I don't really feel like submitting this to the user-feedback section, reviewing my vote allocations etc. Suggestions are a nice thing to vote on, but bugs should only need to be reported once.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44312 is a reply to message #44306 ] Wed, 22 February 2012 14:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Bathsheba,

We are aware of the discrepancy,

Dev team are on it right now,

We will post an update ASAP

Thanks for your patience

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44343 is a reply to message #44312 ] Wed, 22 February 2012 22:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Awesome, thanks.

-Bathsheba
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44358 is a reply to message #44255 ] Thu, 23 February 2012 04:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SheilaMunro  is currently offline SheilaMunro
Go to my shop
Yeah it's interesting, I'm noticing funds switch back and forth between the "Next Payment" and "Pending Payment" fields as well on a daily basis.
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44379 is a reply to message #44358 ] Thu, 23 February 2012 15:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey all,

Thanks for letting us know but please hold tight as the developers ensure that any issues are crushed forever.

Once we are sure we have everything square we will ensure your payments are properly balanced.

We also have people now working on shop owner reporting tools so you will be able to have more metrics to better understand your sales and therefore optimise your shops and product pages.

Thanks again for your understanding.

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #44879 is a reply to message #44379 ] Mon, 05 March 2012 03:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robo3687  is currently offline robo3687
Go to my shop
any updates on this Duann?
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #45504 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 14 March 2012 18:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aeron203  is currently offline aeron203
Go to my shop
Just looking for an update. I have noticed the pending payment amount dropping continuously, and the 15th is tomorrow. The numbers are way off. Will this be fixed in time?

Aaron - 40westdesigns.com/blog
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #45523 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 14 March 2012 22:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
i noticed the other day the numbers finally corrected themselves...for about an hour...

since then the money is still continuing to shuffle around and the last payment figure is off by about $100...

it'll be interesting to see what actually happens.....
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #45785 is a reply to message #45523 ] Wed, 21 March 2012 10:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
*bump*

I'm sorry to nag, but this needs fixing.

-Bathsheba
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #46416 is a reply to message #45785 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 00:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Thanks Bathsheba. An update is on the way.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #46493 is a reply to message #46416 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 23:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys,

So over the past month we've been working on overhauling finance related processes (this and other things). While working on the overhaul, we've discovered more things that need optimizing and unfortunately that has pushed back the project's release date--we want to make sure we hit ALL the bugs and inefficiencies in the system!

That said, we recognize that this is a major problem and crucial information for you guys. So we'll look into these specific issues (rather than tackling all finance related fixes in one swoop) and just focus on getting you the right data. It is a change in the strategy of how to go about fixing this, but it should give you the info you need.

We're currently the necessary pieces to deliver this more targeted info and fix this specific info for you. I'll have an update for you end of next week. Feel free me email me (nancy@shapeways.com) with any questions in the meanwhileThanks so much for your patience.

Nancy

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47067 is a reply to message #46493 ] Mon, 16 April 2012 15:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys,

Some urgent issues grabbed ahold of me and wouldn't let go next week, so I didn't get as much time to dig into this. Apologies!

However, we should have some time this week to check it out.

We have some hypothesis on where the issues are, but we need to run a few more checks to be sure.

Thanks for your patience,

Nancy

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47074 is a reply to message #47067 ] Mon, 16 April 2012 18:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
When will this month's payments be made?
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47096 is a reply to message #47074 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 06:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar B1lancer  is currently offline B1lancer
Go to my shop
Sometimes it feels like paying shop owners is low on the priorities list. The numbers are constantly changing, payment is rarely paid on the 15th, normally 16th or 17th and what I get paid often doesn't add up with what's in the excel document.

Last month I tried to find some combination of payments that would add exactly add up to what I was paid, but I could only find a sum which was slightly greater or slightly lower than what I was paid.

Very confusing!

It's a pain trying to run a business when the numbers I am going to be paid keep changing. I find it hard to muster the enthusiasm to develop on Shapeways sometimes, it used to be a joy! Sad

Kindest Regards,

Jack

[Updated on: Tue, 17 April 2012 06:31 UTC]

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47098 is a reply to message #47096 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 06:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well said.

-Bathsheba
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47108 is a reply to message #44255 ] Tue, 17 April 2012 15:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bdickason  is currently offline bdickason
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi guys,

We completely agree that this is a huge problem and are figuring it out right now. It should be completely, 100%, crystal clear what you are paid, when you will be paid, and that number should always match what goes into your bank account.

Correcting the communication and calculation of your payments is my personal #1 priority right now.

Director of Product - Shapeways
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47163 is a reply to message #47108 ] Wed, 18 April 2012 14:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience and delays, but I finally have some good news.

The payments are being made as we speak!

We will make sure that this will not happen again next month Smile

Have a wonderful day all!

Kind regards,
Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47167 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 18 April 2012 15:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Oooh, I love ShapeWaysPayDays Cool

Thanks guys!

[Updated on: Wed, 18 April 2012 15:42 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
icon14.gif  Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47168 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 18 April 2012 15:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
Good to have things working properly again.
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47170 is a reply to message #47168 ] Wed, 18 April 2012 16:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
aegidian wrote on Wed, 18 April 2012 15:39

Good to have things working properly again.

Just to clarify, although the payments have sent out, we still have an issue with the proper values being displayed on the 'Manage Shop' pages (Current Payment / Next Payment / Pending Payments / Payment History).

I'm currently diving into why this is happening and should have an update shortly.

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47187 is a reply to message #47170 ] Wed, 18 April 2012 20:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Until the numbers in the shop section are displaying correctly would it not be logical to remove them? There is nothing in the shop section to say the numbers displayed are incorrect, so unless you read the forum then you'll go on assuming that the numbers are correct.

It would only take a moment to disable the function, or apply some red text below to state the numbers are incorrect. It's very frustraiting, I was using the numbers on the shop interface in spreadsheets, so now I have a whole load of spreadsheets which are useless

And still the incorrect numbers are displayed as if they are fact.

Regards,

Jack

[Updated on: Wed, 18 April 2012 20:08 UTC]

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47205 is a reply to message #47187 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 04:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Thanks B1lancer, your suggestion is a great one and we've made the change tonight Smile

I posted a quick update in the Official Announcements forum about this issue.

We've released a short term fix to allow you to get immediate visibility into your finances and payments. We're also hard at work on a long term fix, and I'll post more about that tomorrow.

Click here for the short term fix (and please excuse the ugliness!!)

Thank you so much for your patience. We want to build the best site possible for you guys, and I know that at the moment, it feels like we're working against you, rather than with you.

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47212 is a reply to message #47205 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 10:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi Brad,

Thanks for sorting out the shop payments yesterday - you wouldn't believe how good the timing was.

And just to let you know, my shop payments worked out correctly to the penny Smile

Cheers,
Paul
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47216 is a reply to message #47212 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 11:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Great to hear Paul! Surprised

next time we will make sure that the timing will be even better... like "on-time" Wink

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47225 is a reply to message #47216 ] Thu, 19 April 2012 14:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'll raise my glass to you Mitchell, thank you for putting up with me pestering you this week and being so polite too http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #47773 is a reply to message #47225 ] Wed, 02 May 2012 18:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Quick update guys, we're going to have this fixed for good by May 15th (the next pay period).

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48494 is a reply to message #47773 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 00:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Are you you guys still working on this ? The figures I'm seeing on the new mysales page seem to be not only wrong but changing when I go back.

It's currently showing nothing due in may but a rather nice large figure due in June.

Tom
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48495 is a reply to message #48494 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 00:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar matt_atknsn  is currently offline matt_atknsn
Go to my shop
tebee wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 00:12

Are you you guys still working on this ? The figures I'm seeing on the new mysales page seem to be not only wrong but changing when I go back.

It's currently showing nothing due in may but a rather nice large figure due in June.

Tom

To add (I think the page refreshed a few moments ago), the figures are now showing sales for two months (under Sale Date: Mar 16 '12 - May 15 '12; Payment Date of Jun 15 '12...) quite a sum Shocked but sadly had to face reality of it being two months Rolling Eyes

Cheers!
-RoeT
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48496 is a reply to message #48494 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 00:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yeah my figures are all right except the most recent ones are displaying correctly

instead of showing a "march 16 '12 - april 15 '12" and "april 16 12' - may 15 '12" it seems to have lumped both payments into a single payment designated "nov 16 '11 - may 15 '12" that will be paid on june 15th....

but its a minor issue as the figures do seem to finally be correct and the issue seems to be how they're displayed...

also should say I'm quite happy with how this has been handled with shapeways finding and planning on paying lost sales and dealing out gift cards to affected stores...

Smile
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48508 is a reply to message #48494 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 03:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Things sold up to April 15th should be paid March 15th as the How We Pay info suggests? Or June as the Past Sales section says?

Past Sales table is a bit messy anyway, with no real table lines and all kind of formating issues pushing numbers around.
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48509 is a reply to message #48508 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 05:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Sad

I didn't get what I was expecting & payment due for next month is showing more than double what it should be, and that payout will be a month too late for what the money was intended for.

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48511 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 06:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I got the exact same amount as last month, anyone else?

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2012 06:43 UTC]

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48513 is a reply to message #48511 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 06:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
now that you mention it...yeah....it was the exact same amount....

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48514 is a reply to message #48513 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 07:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yes, I got paid the exact same amount as last month Confused

This was supposed to be paid on the 15th, it was a day late.

The numbers are supposed to be correct, but the amounts which have been paid are different to the numbers.

This whole system system seems to have broken down, I have little trust anymore even in the spreadsheet, the rest of the numbers in the new calculator are wrong, the amounts paid are wrong and the payment is late.

I much prefered the old Shapeways 3 years ago, sure it was simpler, but it WORKED which as a customer/co-partner with a shop was all that mattered to me.

The worst thing you can do when you have an issue like this is start giving out dates for when things will be corrected, with anything like this you can get unknown spanners in the works and missing a deadline you have set reduces trust and moral.

Kindest Regards,

Jack

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2012 07:46 UTC]

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48515 is a reply to message #48511 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 08:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
virtox wrote on Wed, 16 May 2012 06:42

I got the exact same amount as last month, anyone else?

Yep http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon8.gif

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48518 is a reply to message #47773 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 08:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
yes me too -- and strangely enough this s not the right figure
Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48519 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 09:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks all for confirming, all info has been forwarded and the proper people have been alerted.
(Might take a few hours till US wakes up)

So far it seems like an honest (but stupid Rolling Eyes) mistake in payments.
And it looks like the new front-end has some minor issues, which I am sure will be fixed very soon.

But so far I have seen no sign that the order overview figures would be wrong.

And rest assured, in my 3 years as shop owner, all inconsistencies have ALWAYS been solved to full satisfaction.

Let's try to see it as growing pains?
(going from tens/hundreds of shop owners and (manual) payments to automated thousands(?) requires system upgrades Wink )

And as far as I can tell, payments were made on the 15th ? (US time)

Cheers,

Stijn

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:10 UTC]

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48532 is a reply to message #48519 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 15:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys, we definitely made a mistake in shop owner payments this month. And yes it's a stupid mistake: we submitted last month's figures to paypal. Although we're mostly automated there is still some manual stuff involved.

We're working on resolving it now and will make sure that every shop owner gets paid what he/she is owed. Expect a more detailed follow-up email later today.

Also, we're aware that there are issues with the display side of the reports. Some of those are due to the incorrect payments, but we're working on other discrepancies that we've noticed.

Thank you for your patience.
Brad

Re: Shop payments and sales not updating? [message #48534 is a reply to message #44255 ] Wed, 16 May 2012 15:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Well, this is embarrassing. It looks like we spoke too soon.

While we knew there would be a few discrepancies in reporting (and individuals were alerted), we were not anticipating to payout the incorrect amounts. My sincere apologies.

Here's what happened:
1.We submitted last month's sheet to paypal, instead of this month. So, as some of you have noticed, you got paid the exact same payment as last month.
2.On your shop 'My Sales Page', the figures are not matching up.

Here's how we will fix it TODAY:
We are submitting THIS month's payment to paypal and paying the difference.The end result is that TODAY everyone will have the correct May payment amount in their paypal account.

My Sales Page: The figures on your payments page will reflect the correct amounts.

We feel very silly indeed, so while the finance team is fixing the amounts, I am taking out all our collective frustration on the Shapeways bunny:

index.php?t=getfile&id=16955&private=0

(thanks to Stephan Witte for the pic)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2012 15:20 UTC]

Shapeways Community Manager

Pages (2): [1  2    »] 

Previous Topic:Instruction Pages
Next Topic:Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.