Home » Support » 3D Applications » baking displacement maps in sculptris
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
baking displacement maps in sculptris [message #44048] Wed, 15 February 2012 03:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar Giga Bread  is currently offline Giga Bread
Go to my shop
I've been having a lot of fun in sculptris but was wondering if there was a way to take a painted bump map and bake it on, altering the geometry so that Shapeways can print the texture?

I've been making head sculpts and the current head has a mask that requires a subtle texture.

Re: baking displacement maps in sculptris [message #44087 is a reply to message #44048 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 14:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Short answer no, long answer yes. As far as I know, there is not a way to export an obj that incorporates the UV map. But I did find an easy work around with Blender http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=4080 8&#msg_40808

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Blender 2.49, uv image-->shapeways
Next Topic:good 3d apps for OS X?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.