Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » 3D Design » Blackberry phone cover
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Blackberry phone cover [message #43967] Mon, 13 February 2012 22:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar iSay  is currently offline iSay
Go to my shop
Hi,

Is anyone familiar with phone covers? I want to make one (blackberry curve 8520) for my brother's birthday next month, but I'm not sure about the size of the model.

I know the measurements, but should I allow some extra for room? Or just exactly the same size as the phone?

Any help would be appreciated. Smile

-iSay
www.shapeways.com/shops/icraft
Re: Blackberry phone cover [message #44010 is a reply to message #43967 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I'd add a little wiggle room. I made an iphone case that I had to tear to remove because it was so tight.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Blackberry phone cover [message #44014 is a reply to message #44010 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks a lot.

Had a look at some others and it looks like they've made the front clip on the back, wondering if that might be a better way to go.

-iSay
Re: Blackberry phone cover [message #44015 is a reply to message #43967 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 16:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
If I design another case, I'd design it to clamp down. So basically you'd have the sides, top and bottom, and either a spring clamp, or just and adjustable locking mechanism to hold it tight.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Blackberry phone cover [message #44098 is a reply to message #44015 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 17:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
You can make adjustable locks? That's pretty awesome, though I think a bit complicated for me atm lol Very Happy

-iSay

Previous Topic:The model problem of convergence for help
Next Topic:Super Perler Pegboards