Home »  » 3D Design » Textures not showing in renderer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Textures not showing in renderer [message #43944] Mon, 13 February 2012 17:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar 3dPrintingNoob  is currently offline 3dPrintingNoob
Go to all my models
I've made four head models using the same process. The heads have a texture for the eyes and the skin for a total of three textures. The first two models I did worked fine. The textures show in the Shapeways renderer correctly.

The second two, however, don't show the textures. They only show the hair color which is simply a material.

I've attached screenshots of all the models.

Any idea what's going on? I've looked at the x3d files using notepad. I don't see any obvious difference to how they reference the textures. Also, the textures show fine in Blender before export.

Any help getting the textures to show will be greatly appreciated.

index.php?t=getfile&id=14586&private=0

• Attachment: heads.jpg
    (Size: 99.83KB, Downloaded 158 time(s))

Re: Textures not showing in renderer [message #44125 is a reply to message #43944 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 21:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 3dPrintingNoob  is currently offline 3dPrintingNoob
Go to all my models
So, I think I may have narrowed this down. I experimented with the file names a bit.

I started from scratch on head 3. I gave it the same file name as head 2. Textures appeared in the shapeways renderer. I started from scratch many more times playing around with various other names and the textures appeared. I started from scratch one last time and used the initial file name that the textures didn't work with. Sure enough, the textures didn't work again.

So, I know this has something to do with the file names. What I'm not sure of is what the constraints are with the file names that are causing me problems. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Does anyone happen to know offhand of any restrictions to filenames that cause problems with textures?
Re: Textures not showing in renderer [message #44126 is a reply to message #43944 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 21:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
There shouldn't be any. I'd post the details in http://feedback.shapeways.com cause this appears to be some sort of bug.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Textures not showing in renderer [message #44596 is a reply to message #44125 ] Tue, 28 February 2012 14:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Can you share which texture names work and which don't? Do the non-working ones contain 'strange' characters like spaces?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Unsure About Shells
Next Topic:Rhino --> STL problem, how can I make Shapeways accept my model?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.