Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Add-in for SolidWorks
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Add-in for SolidWorks [message #43925] Mon, 13 February 2012 12:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar EddeBruijn  is currently offline EddeBruijn
Go to my shop
Hello,

I have a question about the Shapeways Add-in for Solidworks. I've installed this add-in, and now I'm able to log in to Shapeways. When I upload a file to Shapeways I can see some things happening (model OK, cleanup, done), but I don't get the usual mail that a model is uploaded followed by a mail that my model is available.

I'm using the Student version of SolidWorks.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

Thanks!
Ed
Re: Add-in for SolidWorks [message #44137 is a reply to message #43925 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 23:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Vapour  is currently offline Vapour
Go to my shop
I haven't used that 'add-in' for solidworks (student version could be your problem). But all you need to do to upload a model is to click save as and pick .stl and choose binary. Then use the uploader on the shapeways site to upload your .stl and choose which unit you used.

Vapour www.vapourstudios.com

Previous Topic:Human 3D printer from Japan
Next Topic:Different Pricing in different views

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.