Home » Community » It arrived! » Heart Dipping Dish
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Heart Dipping Dish [message #43895] Sun, 12 February 2012 20:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar japhyr  is currently offline japhyr
Go to my shop
I made this oil dipping dish for my wife for Valentine's day. It works really well! You fill it with olive oil, and then add a little balsamic vinegar to fill in the heart. It even stays nice and clean-looking after you've dipped a few pieces of bread. I gave it to her yesterday because we'll be too busy during the week to have a nice bread, brie, and wine dinner. She loved it, and was totally surprised.
index.php?t=getfile&id=14558&private=0

Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43912 is a reply to message #43895 ] Sun, 12 February 2012 23:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HappenstanceHeroes  is currently offline HappenstanceHeroes
Go to my shop
What an awesome and creative use of the ceramic material! I'd never even heard of dishes that utilized the properties of the two fluids in this way. Always inspiring to see unexplored uses for print materials! :)
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43933 is a reply to message #43895 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 14:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
emm, bread cheese and wine dinner. dig the design too. would like to see some more patterns, like a spiral maybe or several olives bunched together.

nice work & photo, thanks for sharing.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43937 is a reply to message #43895 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 15:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JamesSaunders  is currently offline JamesSaunders
Go to my shop
This is one of those "why didn't I think of that?" awesome ideas. Great work!
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43952 is a reply to message #43895 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 19:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar a.wieneke  is currently offline a.wieneke
Go to my shop
wonderful idea !

you should bring this into regular stores with various designs.

Andreas
http://www.wieneke.biz
http://www.betonschmuck.de
http://www.cologne-concrete.com
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43957 is a reply to message #43952 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
+1

Great photography too!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43961 is a reply to message #43895 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mary.Huang  is currently offline Mary.Huang
Go to my shop
I work here
Great design! And there are so many other shapes you could do too.
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #43965 is a reply to message #43961 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 22:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Clever design, well done!

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #44011 is a reply to message #43965 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 15:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar japhyr  is currently offline japhyr
Go to my shop
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. I have a couple more in mind that I might try.

One problem with ceramic, though, is it gets expensive to order examples of your own just for photographing! I'm tempted to open an etsy shop just to sell off the examples I order to print. I'm not sure they'd actually sell on etsy, though. Does anyone else do that?
Re: Heart Dipping Dish [message #44013 is a reply to message #43895 ] Tue, 14 February 2012 15:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Yes, people sell on etsy. You could also try on ebay, as you can sell so many items value wise per month for free. Once you get selling, put your items up on Fab.com

Also now that you have a proof of concept, you could render your other designs. PM me if you would like some made up.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 February 2012 15:52 UTC]

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Burlesque Dancer Figure "raw" and painted pics
Next Topic:Septic Twist by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.