Home » Community » It arrived! » gold plated glossy ring "tails 2"
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #43875] Sun, 12 February 2012 15:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar kiorodesign  is currently offline kiorodesign
Go to my shop
...the ring "tails" had a single turn.
"tails 2" turns twice ...

index.php?t=getfile&id=14544&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=14545&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=14546&private=0

KIORO'design Team Ciro & Giovanna
Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #44316 is a reply to message #43875 ] Wed, 22 February 2012 15:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChristelH  is currently offline ChristelH
Go to my shop
I work here
Really nice ring! I love the way it fits round the finger.
Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #44319 is a reply to message #44316 ] Wed, 22 February 2012 17:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thank you for your liking Christel.
When this ring was delivered, I was surprised to see its shine.
I saw one of my pendant made of gold plated matte, and wanted to print this ring with the same finishing. Then I decided to print the ring with the gold plated glossy finishing, and now that I've seen, I'm happy with the choice.

Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #44846 is a reply to message #44319 ] Sat, 03 March 2012 20:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar CapnKirk  is currently offline CapnKirk
Go to all my models
This is an awesome design!, Well done. Seeing this just makes me want to get my first print off to the virtual factory.

Can I ask what 3D software you designed this with?

Kirk
Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #44854 is a reply to message #44846 ] Sun, 04 March 2012 01:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thanks for the appreciation, Kirk
I suggest you make your first print. When my first ring was delivered, I was really happy to have materialized my imagination.
I use a mechanical CAD, ug nx. I am an aerospace designer. Look at my pendant "turbine" Wink)

Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #45035 is a reply to message #43875 ] Wed, 07 March 2012 22:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Brick  is currently offline Brick
Go to my shop
the surface looks very rough. Does that mean we have to polish metal items ourselves?
Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #45132 is a reply to message #45035 ] Fri, 09 March 2012 15:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hello Brick.
The surface of the ring is rough, but it is a characteristic of the 3D printing process, which produces this type of surfaces. In this case the roughness is accentuated by the coating of gold.
I have not tried to polish it, so I do not know what would be the result. However, jewels produced using this technology have their charms ...

Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #45678 is a reply to message #43875 ] Mon, 19 March 2012 01:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
DO NOT attempt to polish this ring! Any attempt to get rid of surface texture will destroy the gold-plating so that you have stainless steel showing through. In fact, if this ring is worn daily it will eventually have some of the plating worn off. I speak from experience and do not design rings for the plated materials anymore.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: gold plated glossy ring "tails 2" [message #45691 is a reply to message #45678 ] Mon, 19 March 2012 08:03 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
thanks for the advice, Glenn...

Previous Topic:Santisima Trinidad- bow gallery
Next Topic:Working robot hand

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.