Home » Community » Introductions » Tron Legacy and my return to 3D
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tron Legacy and my return to 3D [message #43793] Fri, 10 February 2012 13:49 UTC Go to next message
avatar ptaczek  is currently offline ptaczek
Go to my shop
Hello everybody,

I found about Shapeways a few days ago and I must say I really like the idea.
I've been doing 3D extensively in between 1996 and 2002 using LightWave3D. In Czech Republic, where I live, I participated on a book LightWAVE 3D 5.6. I wrote chapters on inverse kinematics for the book which was published in 1999 by Cpress.

Today I got back to 3D thanks to the Shapeways because nothing is more satisfying than a pure creation. And that's what's possible with 3D printing technologies now Wink

I started my shop with my first piece: A Tron Legacy Byte model. If you're a fan of the Tron universe, then this is for you! Check it out at http://www.shapeways.com/shops/px

-pta-
Re: Tron Legacy and my return to 3D [message #43798 is a reply to message #43793 ] Fri, 10 February 2012 17:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
You need to be careful about using the name "Tron".. Disney and their lawyers will be all over you. Call it a Pointy Dodecahedron (or whatever the proper shape name is) and they can't complain. Use the name Tron... the lawyers will likely come visit you.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Tron Legacy and my return to 3D [message #43810 is a reply to message #43798 ] Fri, 10 February 2012 22:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Tnx for good advice!

-pta-
Re: Tron Legacy and my return to 3D [message #44478 is a reply to message #43810 ] Sat, 25 February 2012 20:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
From what I can see, it is a Stellated Rhombic Dodecahedron...
Smile

So many things to design, so little time...
icon3.gif  Re: Tron Legacy and my return to 3D [message #44496 is a reply to message #44478 ] Sun, 26 February 2012 13:00 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Right Smile Now try to tell to a movie fan, that you have this cool stellated rhombic dodecahedron for her or him Very Happy

-pta-

Previous Topic:Hi guys and gals !
Next Topic:Creation nr 1