Home » Community » General Discussion » My account keeps getting "Disabled"?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon5.gif  My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43781] Fri, 10 February 2012 07:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar TheAntiYou  is currently offline TheAntiYou
Go to my shop
This started two days ago. About 24 hours after I ordered one of my models.
I'll go to log in - It tells me this user/ password is incorrect.

So I emailed Shapeways and they solved the problem very fast.
However, it's happening again. Not even a day after fixing my account.

Weird thing is, I'm still logged into the forums and all my shop/info/models are still up.

What could be causing this?
I've cleared my cookies and all history using CCleaner (not this time around, so I could post something in the forum). I've used a different computer on a different ISP. Still says password/username incorrect. And the changing password option shows a "Disabled User" message.

Am I the only one this happens too? Is there a permanent fix to it?
Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43918 is a reply to message #43781 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 03:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TheAntiYou-1  is currently offline TheAntiYou-1
Go to all my models
Still can't loggin. I'm currently using my connect with facebook account.
I sent a message to service@shapeways.com about 24 hours ago.

This is the third time this has happened, would this Facebook loggin option have anything to do with it? I didn't even fill out my own user name, it kept coming up with this one automatically.

I'd really like some help out with this so I can check on the status of my order.
Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43929 is a reply to message #43781 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That's odd. Now that the weekend is over, they will get you fixed up.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43955 is a reply to message #43929 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That's the third time I've heard " That's odd" or "That's weird" from the shapeways staff. I guess it's safe to assume that something like this hasn't happened before. Haha.
My account has been enabled again. I'm going to continue to provide what information I can to help find a permanent fix to this.

Until then I'm going to use a browser that has no Facebook history saved and not log in through another computer to see if that helps.
Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43956 is a reply to message #43929 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome! and sorry to hear you're having that problem.

Can you do me a favor and create an item for this issue in Uservoice, under the "Bugs & Problems" category, and include your browser and computer info?

This will help me keep track of the problem, and make it visible to others so we can get a heads up if others are experiencing the same thing.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43958 is a reply to message #43956 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Will do!
Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43960 is a reply to message #43958 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 21:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Great! if you could post the link back on this thread, that'd be helpful. Wink

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: My account keeps getting "Disabled"? [message #43963 is a reply to message #43960 ] Mon, 13 February 2012 22:03 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2595692-account-keeps-getting-disabled

Done and done

Previous Topic:Materials...?
Next Topic:Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.