Home » Community » General Discussion » Non-touching parts in the design
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Non-touching parts in the design [message #43671] Wed, 08 February 2012 15:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar genekogan  is currently offline genekogan
Go to all my models
Hi, newbie to Shapeways here. I am working on a design for a necklace that I'd like to print and I have a basic question. Is it allowable to have no touching parts in the design get printed? My design has two interlocked loops that aren't actually one piece, like a chain link fence. If my STL file contains a small piece which is looped through the bigger one, but not actually touching it, will it get printed that way? Thanks!
Re: Non-touching parts in the design [message #43672 is a reply to message #43671 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 15:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Depends on the intended material. Any of the plastics or sandstone, yes. Any of the metals, ceramic, or glass, no.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Non-touching parts in the design [message #43791 is a reply to message #43671 ] Fri, 10 February 2012 13:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Correct that, ceramics you can have multiple parts. As long as each part follows the minimum size rules.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 February 2012 13:30 UTC]

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Hexagon 2.5 free
Next Topic:Shops