Home » Community » It arrived! » Breathable Roots, the actual print
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Breathable Roots, the actual print [message #43645] Wed, 08 February 2012 00:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar kspaho  is currently offline kspaho
Go to my shop
Awarded third place in the 3D-Design Competition in October of 2011, Breathable Roots is a wall-hanging planter, which oxygenates its greenery's roots through the tunnels created by the interconnectedness of the skin's membrane. Excess water falls into a smaller, detachable piece located at the bottom.

Special thanks to Bart Veldhuisen, the rest of the Shapeways team, who manufactured the design, my friend Renaldo Qafzezi, who helped to spread the word, Jack Sigel, who photographed the piece, and the rest of my family and friends.

Anyone who is interested in this design, please feel free to contact me regarding sizes or any other modifications.

index.php?t=getfile&id=14391&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14392&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 72.46KB, Downloaded 341 time(s))

• Attachment: Vignettes.jpg
    (Size: 1.15MB, Downloaded 352 time(s))

Re: Breathable Roots, the actual print [message #43653 is a reply to message #43645 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 02:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HappenstanceHeroes  is currently offline HappenstanceHeroes
Go to my shop
Nice work! I think it looks nicest when paired against the white wall. Seems like it would also be pretty with a spider plant or any number of other hanging plants. :)
Re: Breathable Roots, the actual print [message #43659 is a reply to message #43653 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 05:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SaGaDesign  is currently offline SaGaDesign
Go to my shop
Great design, and a really innovative idea for a 3d-print home product!

I can image if you did a whole line/array of these in a sparse white interior, with some different exotic plants in each 3d-printed holder, that would make a beautiful photo.
Or you could do a rendering and pretend it's real Wink

Always good to see new designs from ya buddy!

-Saad
http://www.saga-3d.com/

[Updated on: Wed, 08 February 2012 05:18 UTC]

http://www.saga-3d.com/
Re: Breathable Roots, the actual print [message #43667 is a reply to message #43659 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 13:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you Saad, I like your suggestion of the whole/line array
Re: Breathable Roots, the actual print [message #43668 is a reply to message #43653 ] Wed, 08 February 2012 13:54 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you again, I appreciate your imput Happenstance Heroes

Previous Topic:Finally, my sculptural light design arrived!
Next Topic:Oh my heart !

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.