Sketchup help!

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 135354_deleted, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm new to all this. I have a design i want to have 3D printed,and I've created it in sketchup. It looks fine there, with everything solid where I want it to be. But when I export as dae, everything goes crazy! Please help! I have attached the sketchup and dae files that I have.

Attached Files:

2. 46486_deleted
    46486_deleted Member
    Hello,
    I've just had a quick look, there are some reversed faces(the blue pones) and internal geometry that needs removing.
    Should be a quick fix, hope this helps,
    Tom.

3. Hi,

Like Tom said, some internal problems and reversed faces are all that's wrong. I have attached the file with some notes attached to help you understand where the problems are.

What you need to end up with is a single shell with no internal geometry. Think of the model as a container for your 3D print, you don't want anything inside that will interfere with the printing process.

If you want, I can do a live screenshare over Google+ with you to explain better.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks for that awesome advice! :D

I did all the things you said and cleaned it up a lot internally. Now I have one little part that refuses to have a face. I have noted it in the attached image and SKP file. I just need that little rectangle to get filled in.

Attached Files:

5. Just trace over one of the bounding edges to 'heal' the face.