new and need info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 144825_deleted, Feb 6, 2012.

1. hello i'm new here i got all view of some sreenshots ingame I took of a model are they able to model this also is it possible for 1:72 scale?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi lormac,

Welcome to Shapeways! :)

Shapeways is a venue for people to upload their 3D models and have them 3D printed. I should think that your 1:72 scale soldier would be printable in Shapeways Frosted Ultra Detail.

You will need to upload a 3D model yourself or put a shout out in the Modeller Needed sub-forum if you need someone to create the model.

Hope this helps.
    Paul

3. thanks, but, would it be possible to rip some models from a game and then get the textures too?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I'm sure it's possible. 1) game models are meant to look nice, so usually aren't printable. and 2) shouldn't be done without the game makers permission as it is their IP.

5. thanks,but do copyright rules apply here cause i've seen a video of a guy who's made a portal cube without there permission, btw any FREE programs to make my own models then?(possibly easy)

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  7. thanks again, :)

8. another question when you request modelers do you hire them and at what cost?