Home » Community » Introductions » Hi everyone
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hi everyone [message #43497] Sun, 05 February 2012 18:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar mygadgetlife  is currently offline mygadgetlife
Go to my shop
Hi everyone.

I've been looking at Shapeways for some time now, but only recently got my hands dirty in some actual 3D printing of my own.

I'm a complete novice, but my project is simple, built in Sketchup and rendered in WSF. I'm really pleased with the result, even if design decisions of my own making mean the final product doesn't work too well.

Oh well, I have MKII already designed and uploaded, with ideas for a MKIII that reduces the amount of material (if I can wrangle Sketchup to do what I want...)

Links below:

MK I, base

MK II
Re: Hi everyone [message #43553 is a reply to message #43497 ] Mon, 06 February 2012 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Steven!

I really like those designs. Very useful. Looks like despite being a novice, you're figuring it all out pretty quick Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Hi everyone [message #44073 is a reply to message #43553 ] Wed, 15 February 2012 12:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mygadgetlife  is currently offline mygadgetlife
Go to my shop
Thanks Ana,

I just posted the latest iteration of the design over on the Work in progress forum with a couple of questions, but so far I'm enjoying the freedom that Shapeways offers.

I'm looking at learning some other tools (eg. Blender) to get away from some of the restrictions of Sketchup.

The quality of the designs from other Shapeways members is outstanding and some of my ideas cannot be accomplished with my current software.

mygadgetlife.blogspot.co.uk

Previous Topic:New to Trinidad and tobago
Next Topic:Hello

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.