Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by mygadgetlife, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Hi everyone.

I've been looking at Shapeways for some time now, but only recently got my hands dirty in some actual 3D printing of my own.

I'm a complete novice, but my project is simple, built in Sketchup and rendered in WSF. I'm really pleased with the result, even if design decisions of my own making mean the final product doesn't work too well.

Oh well, I have MKII already designed and uploaded, with ideas for a MKIII that reduces the amount of material (if I can wrangle Sketchup to do what I want...)

Links below:

MK I, base

MK II

2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey Steven!

I really like those designs. Very useful. Looks like despite being a novice, you're figuring it all out pretty quick :)

3. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Thanks Ana,

I just posted the latest iteration of the design over on the Work in progress forum with a couple of questions, but so far I'm enjoying the freedom that Shapeways offers.

I'm looking at learning some other tools (eg. Blender) to get away from some of the restrictions of Sketchup.

The quality of the designs from other Shapeways members is outstanding and some of my ideas cannot be accomplished with my current software.