Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Sunlight, heat and melting
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sunlight, heat and melting [message #43482] Sun, 05 February 2012 14:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar bvr  is currently offline bvr
Go to my shop
Hi Everyone,
I'm wondering which plastic would be best suited to sunlight exposure, and not deform or distort. The mechanical stability in most important but continued UV exposure is also a consideration. Discoloration is not a real concern.

thanks in advance
bvr
Re: Sunlight, heat and melting [message #43494 is a reply to message #43482 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 16:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Roy_Stevens  is currently offline Roy_Stevens
Go to my shop
None of the detail plastics are suitable, they are set with UV and continue to be UV sensitive. So far my WSF prints are holding up very well to abuse and exposure, but admittedly I haven't left any of them out in the elements yet.

Earl Grey, hot.

Previous Topic:Patent on online 3D Printing 'Services'
Next Topic:A Question About Bronze-infused Stainless Steel

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.